This individual will carry the vision of GLMWC by: 1) providing spiritual leadership for worship through the gift of music and prayer, 2) sharing of the Good News of Jesus Christ through song and multi-media, and 3) help establish a dynamic youth ministry. The ideal person will be a passionate follower of Christ, a talented musician, and someone with experience / knowledge in the area of church youth ministry. Coordinate an integrated 1) worship team and 2) discipleship program for our students.
The Assistant Pastor is accountable to the church family through the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor.
· Lead Worship Team and plan weekly worship
· Help establish and lead a dynamic youth ministry.
· Preach on a regular basis (approx. every 6 weeks)
· Participate in pastoral functions as assigned by the Lead Pastor
· Help First Touch ministry connect with guests
· Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings
· Plan worship services in concert with Lead Pastor and the team
· Lead worship team in rehearsals and services
· Mentor and develop other musicians / worship leaders; musically & spiritually
· Recruit and audition worship team members
· Lead congregational singing (as s/he desires/or as is necessary)
· Discover new songs to be introduced to the church
· Serve other ministries as needed on occasion, holiday events etc.
· Participate as a team player with other leadership in various events
· Help develop a second worship team (over time)
· Minister to youth (Jr. and Sr. High) by coordinating and overseeing the development and implementation of the youth program via the youth leader and assistance of lay youth workers
· Supervise, help, train and guide any lay youth leaders in carrying out their responsibilities
· Help plan and implement both junior and senior high activities
· Work with and be available to counsel youth leader and youth workers
· Help disciple and teach the youth, equipping and training them to love and serve Jesus
· A passion for youth / young adults and raising up their generation in Christ
· A personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ
· Ability to organize & lead
· Teachable and humble spirit / Accept constructive criticism with a positive attitude
· Team player who respects those in leadership.
· Biblical purity in sexual relationships.
· A working knowledge of technical systems including sound, lighting and media equipment
· A desire to serve Christ by building and growing the team
Tagged as: worship, youth