The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth thru 5th grade in order to increase our children and family ministries.
– Profess faith in Jesus Christ and to be growing in that faith.
– Continue to grow spiritually and professionally thru reading, listening to training resources, taking classes and attending conferences and seminars.
– To personally pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus and to set a Christ-like example in words and actions for children and adults.
– To support and promote the vision, mission and values of CWC.
– Give vision, oversight and administration to CWC children’s ministries which currently include: SS, Nursery, Beginner & Jr Church, CW Kidz, Good News Club, VBS.
– Develop & implement strategies to grow or increase the effectiveness of the children’s ministries of CWC.
– Develop and train volunteers to work in the children’s ministries.
– Observe, evaluate and affirm volunteers in order to help them understand their strengths and to encourage them in areas where improvement is possible.
– Invest in families with children in order to help parents be involved in the spiritual formation of their child’s life.
– Discover open doors for building relationships with families of children in our community.
– Oversee the evaluation, purchase and implementation of curriculum for all of the children’s ministries.
– Communicate the church’s approved safety policy to all children’s ministry staff, regularly evaluate its use and take necessary steps to make sure it is being followed.
– Make sure the rooms are safe and teachers have the needed equipment/supplies to do their job effectively.
– Share the love of Jesus and the plan of salvation with the children of our church and community.
– To encourage and motivate the children in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ.
– Meet weekly with the Sr. Pastor for communication of ministry duties and personal growth.
– To implement a strategy that helps transition students from children’s ministry to youth ministry in order to build a strong Christian foundation.
– Perform other duties as assigned
– 4 year degree in ministry OR Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a children’s ministry leadership capacity OR a degree / experience related to the job description
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Housing is included